Thursday, February 5, 2009

Using my stockpile - Breakfast Muffins

Ok...holidays, birthday parties, and sicknesses(hopefully) are over. Time to get back to things. Although, no promises, I am entering week 7 of my pregnancy and that usually doesn't bring good things. But I'm going to try and plow through it! So today's list of to-do's looks like this:

Thank you's for Jaylee's 1st birthday
Bake breakfast food to freeze
Organize coupons
Make shopping list

I'm going to be optimistic and say I can do it all....but we'll have to see how the kids behave ; )

Here's my first task :

Breakfast Muffins - Cranberry Applesauce





1 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
not in the recipe, but I added 1 mashed banana

Mix wet ingredients first, then blend dry in. Fold in fruit and nuts. Bake in oven 350 for 25-30 minutes. Makes 12.

Just tried them....YUMMY!!!!

I just wanted to add, this is called using my stockpile because I didn't have to go shopping for any of this stuff. I, of coarse, keep baking ingredients, but the cranberries were .99 from Aldi's during Christmas time. I froze a few bags of those. The banana was one that got a little past "good enough to eat" so I froze that. And the applesauce was one of many jars I got for nearly free from Meijer one week. I love that I don't have to shop every time I want to make something!

2 comments:

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

Those sound delicious! I love trying new recipes!!!

I really enjoy your blog and welcome you to follow my blog! Join my follower's list and make my day!!!

Have a great week!

Jamie @ Dear Diary
www.oktxok.blogspot.com

d.o.wife said...

Is that a silicone pan?? Do you like it?

Custom Search