Monday, November 10, 2008

My Walgreens Trip 11/9-11/15

Well, short in what I got, but long in amout of frustrating time I spent this morning. First of all...for those of you who don't know, I have a 2 yr. old and a 9 month old. The 9 month old is really no problem as long as she's not tired and I feed her before we go out. But the 2 year old....my dear daughter, Jillian. Oh....today is one of those days, as most have been for the past week or so between ear infections and being cooped up inside due to weather. She was relentless with the whining and fit throwing throughout what was supposed to be a short trip. This on top of the fact that I only got these few things because they were out of everything else I looked for. Toothbushes...out, baking powder...out, and I got the very last Dayquil and Nyquil on the shelves. Pretty shabby for a Monday morning! And of coarse it took the store manager FOREVER (while I'm trying to calm my crabby little munchkin who thought it would be a good idea to be biting the edge of the cart while I go over a bump!) to look for the things they were out of and come back empty handed. So, anyway, cashiers?!?! I can't believe it, and you might not either, that what I got, just in this picture, I had to go to two different Walgreen's to get. I got the Dayquil/Nyquil at one and the razors at another because the cashier was so ignorant at the first one she wouldnt let me use the RR on the second transaction!!! GRrrrr! I actually went up to the register happy, ready to start conversation and she comped an attitude at the fact that I had to do more than one transaction and told me to "just wait till it's YOU behind this counter someday" So I told her, politely, that I used to be a bank teller and that was a difficult job at times. She went all out with this story of how she has been to soooo many banks and every teller is rude. I told her I wouldnt say EVERY teller is rude just because a couple were and she told me this, "I have been to a lot of banks honey, I am 50 years old...they are ALL rude!" Are you kidding me?! And then she wouldn't take my RR so I had to have her back the whole transaction and I took my coupons and $4 RR and went to the Walgreen's across town, got the (now sleeping) kids back out into the freezing cold, and did the same exact transaction, the same exact way in there!!!! With a much nicer cashier by the way!


Transaction at 1st Walgreen's

1 10 oz. Dayquil 5.99
1 10 oz. Nyquil 5.99
$1.50/1 x2
1 FREE 8 x 10 I picked up from last weeks promo
= $8.98 + tax
Recived $4 RR

Transaction at 2nd Walgreen's

1 Schick Quattro Titanium Razor
2 Schick Quattro Titanium Trimmer/Razors 6.99 each
- $3/1 ESC (took off $9)
- $2/1 x 3 (these coupons expire today! 11/10/08)
= $5.97
- $4 RR = $1.97 +tax

Total oop w/tax = $12.93
Saved = $36.00

I am dissapointed, I really had a list full of stuff that I could have gotten and spent the same amout :(

No comments:

Custom Search